I purchased this pump from an auction at Sheffin’s auction in Ely (Cambridgeshire), although the pump worked it was in a very used condition thick with muck and oil, there was virtually no paint left and there was a lot of wear in the linkage bushes.
I stripped it out repainted all the painted parts and polished all the brass work, I replaced the graphite impregnated gland seals with new PTFE gland seal as I stupidly forgot to mask them when I sprayed the main body with primer.
I made new phosphor bronze bushes and the inlet pipe was corroded through and wouldn’t come out of main body so I cut it flush and made a flange type manifold, this is screwed on using five countersunk fixings and a gasket between.
Pump is now mounted on a mahogany plinth and is awaiting pipe work